We are here to help with any questions that you may have about the App Reviews plugin. If your question is not answered below, please contact our lead developer with your question.
Integrating the App Reviews plugin on your site is easy!
The App Reviews plugin is used by adding a custom WordPress shortcode to any Post or Page within your site.
Here is a sample shortcode: [appreviews appid="389894248"]
The ‘appid’ attribute of the shortcode is required. It is the Apple iOS App Store identifier for the app that you want to feature reviews for. The Apple iOS App Store identifier can be found by doing the following:
- Open iTunes
- Search for the app that you want to feature
- Open the app store listing
- Under the large app icon, there is a Download button with a down arrow to the right of it
- Click the down arrow and choose ‘Copy Link’ from the menu
- You will now have a link to the app in your computer’s clipboard that will look like this: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/where-am-i-at/id389894248?mt=8
- Paste the link into a text editor
- The Apple iOS App Store identifier is the number found after ‘/id’ and before the ‘?’ (in the sample link above, it would be 389894248)
- The ‘minrate’ attribute of the shortcode specifies the minimum number of stars for ratings that you want to appear in the review slider. Valid numbers are 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. For example, if you entered 3 for the ‘minrate’ attribute, only reviews where the user rated the app 3, 4, or 5 stars will show in the review slider. If you enter 1, all reviews will show.
- The ‘countrycode’ attribute of the shortcode specifies the app store country to use for reviews. The default is ‘us’ for the United States app store. The country abbreviation can be found in the app URL that you used to find the app id. Here is a sample URL: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/where-am-i-at/id389894248?mt=8. The ‘countrycode’ attribute value should be set to the country abbreviation found before the word ‘app’ in the URL.
- The ‘scrollspeed’ attribute of the shortcode allows you to set how long each rating/review shows on the screen before it moves to the next. The value is in milliseconds, so a value of 8000 would be 8 seconds. The default value is 7000. You may specify any value greater than 1000.
- Within a Post or Page, add the App Reviews plugin shortcode wherever you want the review slider to appear within your content.
- The App Reviews plugin slider will take on any of the CSS or theme settings of your site so that it looks great everywhere.
- You can use more than one app reviews slider within the same Page or Post.